Wednesday 25 September 2013

Exposure Triangle - Manual mode only

Using the manual mode leaves you in full control of the shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings. Leaving you to create many different types of photos, here are some of my examples when I used manual mode:

 For this picture I used a very high shutter speed, around 1/400, this enabled me to capture the quick movement of the three people jumping and  for the image to still be in focus.I used low aperture of around f/5.6, which allowed more light entry into the camera. Finally I set the ISO on 200 as it was quite bright outside.
For this image I wanted to create the effect of something out of focus, and in this image it's the car. To get this effect I set the a very lower shutter speed, around 1/4, this meant the shutters in the lens would stay open for longer, allowing me to capture a blurred image of the car driving past. Again my aperture was quite low, around f/9, to allow more light into the camera lens and I kept the ISO on 200.
For this image, I used a very high Shutter speed, the highest it would go, 1/4000. This is because the action of dropping a penny was going to happen very fast, so i needed a fast shutter speed to capture the image of the penny falling. I also ser my aperture on the lowest it would go, f/3.5 to get as much light into the lens as possible on such a high shutter speed. Before taking the image, I checked the exposure meter to see if the shutter speed and aperture were correct, however, the meter showed me that my image would be under exposed by 2, so what I did was increase the ISO by 2, up to 800 and this gave me a balanced exposure to capture the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment